NOW LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES:
RACINE, KENOSHA, WALWORTH, WAUKESHA, AND MILWAUKEE.
When a pet goes missing, it is an urgent matter. Dogs, and people, are counting on us to be there. We are looking for dedicated volunteers willing to help when a dog goes missing. We understand that not everyone is available all the time. But we need people dedicated to helping get loose dogs off the dangerous streets and safe from thieves and traffic. We only ask you are available to help out one hour a week, unless otherwise stated. In any capacity you can. How you help, is up to you! We are here to help whenever there’s a need. And whenever we have people available. We will help either over the phone or out in the field.
Here’s some roles we need assistance with:
1. Volunteer – a field volunteer helps in any number of ways. You may drive looking for tracks or sightings. You will hand out and post flyers, create and/or post road signs, educate the public on proper ways to deal with the missing dog and who to contact. And we always try to keep the owner positive and motivated. Sometimes, a stakeout is needed and we ask those willing to help to join in this. This can include foot and driving work. These are the basic first steps in any search. Again, you help how you can and are willing to. All volunteers have the opportunity to become a Team Lead or Trapper. This is always an ongoing need. We always need new volunteers because of vacations and other life situations that take volunteers out of the field.
2. Social Media -We are willing to break this down to one person per social media platform and for people willing to post to one or more of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This can all be done by one person daily, or several. It only takes a few minutes each time to post to all platforms.
3. Craigslist and Facebook Post Researcher – we could use several more people to help watch CL and FB for lost, found, stolen, and for sale posts. These are watched for any new cases, matches to current missing or found or stolen dogs.
4. Lost Dog Alert Team – Looking for people willing to do in spare time, but at least some weekly We’ve started a list of Veterinarian clinics and hospitals, groomers and pet stores. We are adding them, with their permission, to our lost and stolen dog alert email list. We are looking for people willing to call on these businesses to ask permission to add them to the list for lost or stolen dogs that may show up in their business. This team then emails the information to the them to be aware of the dog potentially coming through their doors.
5. Treasurer – we are looking for someone with Bookkeeping and office management skills that coincide with a Treasurer. The Treasurer is an officer of the Board, without voting status, who maintains the books, discusses issues and upcoming expenses, and reports to the Board during monthly meetings. Looking for someone with month and year end experience.
[Whether it’s just checking posts online, hiking in the woods, walking streets, driving streets, managing a sightings map, printing flyers, posting flyers, handing out flyers, or any other way you can help us to reunite pets and families, WE NEED YOU! We need people who WANT to help whenever they can.]
Have you ever lost a pet, even for a few minutes? Remember how that felt? How do you think the pet felt? If it was for a short stint, it may have been fun for them but it wasn’t for you. And if it was for longer, and people were yelling and chasing, definitely not so fun for them either.
Think of how an owner must feel hours, days, weeks, and even months later.
Think of how that pet is terrified out there in our big world, getting honked at, chased and yelled at, gets who-knows-what thrown at him/her, chased by other animals, and the elements they battle, … possibly injured.
We cannot stand knowing a furry family member is out there in our big scary world.
This is why we help.
PLEASE JOIN US IN OUR MISSION!